When Invisalign was introduced in the late 1990s, the world rejoiced! Finally, crooked teeth could be set straight without the use of traditional metal braces (sometimes known as “train tracks”). These days, Invisalign has gained popularity and people seeking straight teeth can try other invisible options, like ClearCorrect. Although they’re very similar, these two brands of clear and removable aligners have some key differences. If you’re interested in the ClearCorrect vs. Invisalign debate, scroll down to learn about their similarities and differences.
ClearCorrect vs. Invisalign
The brand Invisalign is nearly as popular as the word braces these days, but ClearCorrect is newer and more mysterious. Most people haven’t heard of it, and those seeking straight teeth might be surprised to learn that, like Invisalign, ClearCorrect uses removable clear aligners to straighten patients’ teeth a little bit at a time. Since they aren’t entirely alike, let’s discuss their similarities first and then move on to their differences.
What Invisalign and ClearCorrect Have in Common
- Both products are virtually invisible, so no one has to know that you’re wearing braces. They are made of a clear plastic.
- Both products can easily be removed and cleaned.
- Both products are custom fit to a patient’s teeth. They’re also non-invasive.
- Both products can be used by patients who are allergic to metal.
- Both products must be worn nearly all day (they are removed while eating, drinking, brushing, and flossing).
- Both products adjust the teeth in very small increments. After wearing one aligner for a specified period of time (for example, 2-4 weeks), you will move on to the next phase of treatment and receive a new aligner.
- For both products, the length of treatment will depend on the current position of your teeth and how far you hope to move them. Your dentist will determine the length of treatment.
Differences Between Invisalign and ClearCorrect
- ClearCorrect is more affordable. The company offers lower fees without compromising on their products or customer service.
- Invisalign has been around since 1997. ClearCorrect was founded nine years later in 2006.
- ClearCorrect is an American company with products manufactured in the USA, while Invisalign is a global company with products manufactured around the world.
So there you have it! Invisalign and ClearCorrect are both fantastic options for people who wish to straighten their teeth without conspicuous train tracks. They’re unobtrusive, discreet, nearly invisible, and can help you achieve the smile you’ve always dreamed about. However, ClearCorrect is more affordable while remaining just as effective.
If you’re interested in straightening your teeth with clear aligners, contact Wilkinson Dental if you live in or near Springfield, MO. We offer ClearCorrect, which (as you just learned) is an affordable alternative to Invisalign. ClearCorrect can be used to correct overcrowded teeth, misaligned teeth, gapped teeth, and bite problems including overbite, open bite, crossbite, and underbite.
We’re currently offering free ClearCorrect consultations as well as free custom whitening upon completion of ClearCorrect. To learn more about this service or to schedule your complimentary consultation, please give us a call at 417-708-0556 or contact us online. We look forward to hearing from you!